Last updated February 7th, 2015
What information does M2 obtain and how is it used?
We may gather certain information automatically from our Services including, but not limited to, the type of model of mobile device you use, the Android ID, the Mac address, your phone hardware device ID, location of the device, the mobile network (mobile carrier) you use, installation and uninstallation rates, language, and mobile application resource information to analyze the performance of mobile applications.
We may collect any information voluntarily provided by you, including, but not limited to, your email address, payment information (such as credit card and address, PayPal, or Google account information), when you interact with us on social media such as Facebook and Twitter, and enter competitions.
We may also use the collected information, and in some circumstances, cookies, for the administration and operation of our Services, to generally improve the overall quality of your experience. Cookies permit us to recognize users and avoid repetitive requests for the same information.
We may disclose Automatically Collected Information:
• as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
• when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
• with our trusted services providers who work on our behalf, do not have an independent use of the information we disclose to them, and have agreed to adhere to the rules set forth in this privacy statement
• if M2Catalyst, LLC is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of any of our Services. In such a case, you will be notified via a notification sent to your mobile device, through email, and/or a prominent notice on any related Service of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding this information
• through the sale or license of this information to third party customers in the ordinary course of our business. These customers may use this information for their own internal purposes or to resell to others.
We may work with analytics companies to help us understand how our Services are being used, such as the frequency and duration of usage. What are my opt-out rights?
* You can permanently stop all collection of information from our Services simply by uninstalling (if such Service is a mobile application installed on your device), or discontinuing use (if such Service is a website or related service). For uninstalling, you may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We may use the information collected for the purposes of building anonymous data profiles. We may retain this data for as long as we deem it commercially desirable to do so.
We do not use any of our Services to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If you believe that we have inadvertently collected such information, please contact us so we can promptly obtain parental/guardian consent or delete the information.
We are committed to maintaining and safeguarding the confidentiality of your information, and make every effort to ensure that your information is secure. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. Please be aware that, although we endeavor to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can guarantee to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to us and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, or inadvertent disclosure of your information. We periodically review the security of our Services, and will make sure that you are aware of our latest security practices.
Links to Other Companies
Our Services may contain links to other websites or mobile applications. We are of course not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or mobile applications. We encourage you to be aware when you leave any of our Services to read the privacy statements of each and every website or mobile application that collects personally identifiable information. Your browsing and interaction on any other website or mobile application, including those that have a link on any of our Services, is subject to that website’s or mobile application’s own rules and policies.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or about the practices of M2, please contact us at email@example.com.